Ryan Michler is a highly successful new media entrepreneur and the founder of the Order of Man movement which could help you become a better man.
Within the Order of Man organisation Ryan has a Facebook group with over 50,000 men worldwide, a mastermind group called The Iron Council with over 500 members and he provides training courses in Podcasting and Tribe Building. He also provides personal coaching services.
Ryan is a much sought after speaker and author having released his first book in 2018 – Sovereignty – The Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Men.
In addition he runs regular father and sons legacy events in the great outside in order to help sons and fathers forge bonds with each other and other likeminded fathers and sons who also attend.
Ryan also ran a successful financial planning business before Order of Man, and has seen active US military service in Iraq. He is a married with 4 children.
On his podcast Ryan has interviewed some of the most successful men on the planet. Men such as Grant Cardone, Andy Frisella, Ed Mylett, Jocko Willink, David Goggins, and Tim Kennedy.
The role of men in society today is truly at a crossroads with many of the societal norms of the past being swept aside and along with it a blurring of the lines over exactly what it means to be a man in 2019. However the societal expectations put on men has created a perfect storm wherein many men feel disenfranchised and emasculated by the modern world which provides little framework and kinship for growth.
Ryan has successfully galvanised the message of what it means to be a man in the past 4 years, and in doing so has provided a framework for men to grow and improve in all areas of their life. The sheer numbers of men that are now part of his movement and mastermind group the Iron Council has shown just how effective it is, for men to be part of a larger group which provides brotherhood, accountability and motivation to succeed.
Ryan is passionate about helping men succeed in all areas of their life and become the men they were always meant to be.
In this interview Ryan and I discuss:
- Ryan’s upbringing and the marital difficulties that started him on his own journey of personal change.
- How in facing his own challenges it inspired him to start the Order of Man movement in 2015 with the aim of providing a place for men to stand shoulder to shoulder in facing life’s challenges.
- Why it’s okay for men to be a novice or amateur in life and seek help, so long as they have the passion to grow, expand and learn.
- Why men are 3 times more likely in the UK to take their own life than women.
- The narrative of traditional masculinity being described as destructive my popular culture.
- The myth of toxic masculinity.
- Why men are no longer allowed to be men.
- The effect of fatherless homes and the lack of male role models.
- The feminisation of boys and young men.
- Why it’s so important for boys to be able to take risks and for boys (and girls) to connect with nature and outside learning.
- The homogenisation of the sexes and denial of evolutionary biology in this regard.
- Why the attack on masculinity is also an attack on femininity.
- How the intellectual argument around masculinity has been abandoned in favour of emotion based discrediting of men as a whole.
- Why long form conversations are quenching the publics thirst for ideas and discussion around this subject right now.
- The inspiration behind his book ‘Sovereignty’ and how men can reclaim their sovereignty.
- How you can let go of excuses and things outside your control in order to fully take ownership of your own life and growth.
- How to craft a battle plan covering all areas of your life, the 4 quadrants, and how to work a battle plan.
- What about work life balance?
- After action reviews (AAR’s) and how to use them.
Stuff we mentioned during our conversation
How you can link up with Ryan
Want to join our community? CLICK HERE